Utah Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment
You or your loved one are in crisis and ready to find an effective addiction treatment center now. But there are many things to consider in order to make the best decision, and we’re here to help you through this. Call us now, and we’ll help you on your way to recovery.
First, decide what specifics you need in a center. Not sure what you should consider? Or dealing with just too much right now to think about this alone? Addiction Treatment Services is available now to go over the many things you have to consider, from treatment type and focus, financial issues and the importance of aftercare programs.
Addiction treatment centers in Utah—making the best choice
An important thing to consider is the location of the addiction treatment center. For many people struggling with addiction the absolute best thing that can happen is to have a geographic separation from the conditions that support the addictive behavior. This might mean social connections or even family members who may be knowingly, or even unknowingly, enabling you to keep drinking or using drugs.
Many people fail in rehab over and over again because they can easily leave a local center and reconnect with friends who are using, or even supply them with drugs or alcohol while they are in treatment. Calling these “friends” is a good indicator of just how important it is to be geographically well-separated.
Utah Addiction Treatment Centers
Receiving rehab in an area that offers healthy and active lifestyles can be a plus in addiction treatment centers, and there are many addiction treatment centers across the US that can offer this as a part of effective rehab. Learning to live a positive and healthy lifestyle begins in rehab. The opportunity to practice new and effective social interactions and physical activities are an important part of substance abuse treatment.
Addiction in Utah
In 2017, more than 450 opioid overdoses occurred in the State of Utah. With millions of individuals facing addictions to alcohol, drugs, and even opioid-based prescription medications, it is essential to seek appropriate care from addiction rehab treatment services available near you.
To better understand which type of addiction rehab treatment service is right for you, it is essential to distinguish the differences between various programs that are typically offered to all individuals facing addiction. The most popular types of addiction rehab programs include inpatient treatment facilities, intensive outpatient programs, and traditional outpatient programs.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment Facilities
Inpatient addiction rehab treatment facilities provide individuals with a temporary living situation as they work through overcoming their addiction. In a Utah inpatient addiction treatment facility, programs typically last 30, 60, or even 90 days, depending on your needs and the severity of your addiction. While you are enrolled in an inpatient rehab program, you may be required to relocate or temporarily leave your job to complete your chosen or designated program.
An inpatient treatment center differs from traditional outpatient programs as it provides individuals with a zero-tolerance atmosphere. Anyone using an inpatient treatment program is prohibited from owning or consuming tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or even prescription medications. Individuals who require prescription medications may be necessary to obtain them from staff members, therapists, or additional personnel available in the treatment center.
When you choose an inpatient rehabilitation center or facility, many advantages are unavailable with traditional outpatient programs. Some of the reasons that individuals prefer inpatient rehab centers and programs over external outpatient programs include:
- A New Environment: A new environment can frequently feel extremely beneficial to individuals who have trouble living a sober lifestyle. By changing up your current surroundings and environment, provide yourself with an entirely new chance and opportunity at living a lifestyle free from drugs and alcohol.
- Connections and Support: Build relationships with other individuals who are struggling with addiction during group therapy sessions. Learn how to empathize with others while listening to the stories and hardships of others who are also struggling with addiction. Build new support groups which are necessary to face and overcome severe addictions. An additional group of friends and connections is healthy and provides you with mental and emotional support.
- Individual Counseling: Work together with a counselor who specializes in helping others overcome their addictions. Learn how to communicate your emotions and struggles better as they relate to your addiction. Identify the root trauma or cause of your addiction by working with an addiction counselor regularly.
- Group Therapy Sessions: Attend regular group therapy sessions to gain valuable insight into the struggles and hardships of other individuals who are also in need of addiction rehabilitation services. Get to know others who are in similar situations as you and develop lifelong connections and friendships in group therapy gatherings.
- Detox Programs: Unlike traditional outpatient services, inpatient rehab centers can provide detox programs and services for those with severe or life-threatening addictions. A medically-monitored detox program is vital for any individual who is at risk of having a heart attack, stroke, seizure, or even a coma while eliminating drugs and alcohol from their body. With a medically-monitored detox program, ensure your body is healthy and strong enough to bein the process of removing the substances you have become addicted to during your detoxing.
- Access to Aftercare Resources: Even after you have completed your inpatient rehab program, you will still maintain access to additional aftercare resources.
Aftercare Resource Support
Aftercare resources are additional resources, support groups, and outpatient programs designed to help those who have completed a rehab program remain on track with their goals. Aftercare resources are typically made available to anyone who has completed an inpatient or intensive outpatient rehab program. Some aftercare resources may include:
- Group Meetings: Group gatherings and therapy sessions are extremely valuable to gain a sense of camaraderie while remaining sober after completing an inpatient rehab program.
- Sponsor Meetings: Obtain a sponsor for yourself or become a sponsor for others with this common aftercare resource. Sponsor meetings are not only available to those who have completed an inpatient rehab program, but they are also available for just about anyone in need of support while kicking an addiction or habit from their lives.
- Counseling and Therapy: In some cases, depending on your location, individual counseling, and therapy sessions may also be available. Ongoing therapy and counseling sessions can help you to remain drug and alcohol-free while readjusting to your new sober lifestyle.
Traditional Outpatient Programs
In addition to inpatient rehab treatment services, there are also traditional outpatient programs. Outpatient programs are typically more commonplace than inpatient rehab centers, although they do not provide extensive and individualized care plans. Outpatient programs may include meeting with others who are struggling with addiction, meeting with a counselor, or even obtaining a sponsor to steer clear from giving into surrounding temptations in everyday life.
Some of the most popular outpatient programs include therapy, counseling, group meetings, and even sponsor gatherings.
The Importance of Outpatient Programs
Even if you choose an inpatient addiction rehab treatment service to complete, outpatient programs and aftercare resources play a significant role in the road to recovery. While outpatient programs may not be as extensive or in-depth as an inpatient treatment service, they are invaluable for those who need additional guidance once they have completed an inpatient program.
Choosing to attend an outpatient program gathering regularly is a way to implement routine back into your life after ridding an addiction from it. Make new friends and connections who will not judge or shame you for the struggles you are facing, as they understand what it is like to face those same struggles and challenges.
Outpatient programs are also helpful for those who are feeling lonely in their fight to a life of sobriety. Loneliness can quickly lead back into using or abusing drugs and alcohol, which is why it is so important to seek an outpatient program even after completing your chosen inpatient rehab facility. With a combination of both inpatient and outpatient programs, prevent relapse as you stick to your goal of remaining sober.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs are also available for those who require a treatment program that includes elements of both outpatient and inpatient services. Intensive outpatient programs may provide individuals with various services that are only available with an inpatient program without requiring the individual to relocate or move into the location itself.
In some cases, individuals are required to complete an intensive outpatient program by a court of law while still maintaining their employment and generating an income. An intensive outpatient program may be right for you if you need detox services or medical guidance as you work towards living a life free from drugs and alcohol.
Choosing an addiction rehab treatment service in Utah that is right for you is a way to remain motivated and committed to sober living. By selecting a rehab program or facility that is ideal for your needs, your personality, and your history with drugs and alcohol, relearn how to live a life without the use of drugs and alcohol. With the right addiction rehab treatment service, free yourself from the chains of addiction, and enjoy a drug-free life that is satisfying and fulfilling each day.
Addiction Treatment Services has professional links to many highly regarded and credentialed rehab facilities across the country. We won’t suggest any drug and alcohol treatment facility that doesn’t share our own core value of individualized and client-centered care. Call us now and we’ll see if one of our addiction treatment partners best meets your needs.